Saturday, August 31, 2013

5/6 Fall Chorus Concert Music

This year I am teaching 5/6 Chorus and we have one concert ever quarter.  I have been thinking about my concert music all summer and I am excited that I finally have it finalized.  My goal this year is to do a better job of picking a variety of music: spirituals (my students love these), foreign language, popular and traditional chorus music.  Fifth graders that were in choir last year helped me get ideas at the end of last year and I look forward to seeing how my students react to our music selections.

1.  Funga Alafia (Foreign Language)-Arranged by Jill Gallina
2.  Down to the River to Pray (Spiritual)- Arranged by Sheldon Curry
3.  You Gotta Sing (Spiritual)-Arranged by Roger Emerson
4.  Butterfly Fly Away (Popular)-Song by Miley Cyrus

How do you pick music while balancing student interest and teaching musical concepts?  I would love to hear what songs you are programing this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment