Saturday, August 31, 2013

Just Dance

I feel like I am breaking an unwritten rule, but my students love when we use Just Dance videos from YouTube as a movement break. The first day we did one of the dances, my students struggled a lot. They had poor coordination and steady beat skills, but I have seen both of these skills improve as we continue to do the dances. A lot of the Just Dance Kids, also help reinforce form and measures.
I created my own YouTube playlists: Just Dance Kids for K-1st and Just Dance for 2nd-4th.

Lately with my third and fourth graders these dances have been a way to motivate them to clean up and get in line quickly. The quicker they get ready, the longer they get to dance.  I know they may seem unconventional, but I have seen great results since I have been including these videos into my lessons.  In the end, the goal is that students learn!

Are there any activities you do in your room that you feel "break the rules?"

Just Dance Kids Playlist

Just Dance Playlist

No comments:

Post a Comment