Saturday, June 27, 2015

Student Portfolios

I am striving towards using more written work during music class. I think having students write music and practice these skills is a vital component (one that I usually overlook).  In order to make the implementation easier for me, I have been brainstorming ideas. So far, I have come up with the following setuo, which I hope will allow me to collect and organize student work quickly and easily.

I am going to have a file folder for each student and they will be in number order by grade and class. Students will write their class number on their papers and as they will line up in number order. As they leave they will make a pile which will be in reverse order so all I have to do is put them in their folders. As the school year progresses,  I think most of my classes will eventually be able to file by themselves.

Handout Ideas
1. Listening log
2. Instrument identification
3. Listening coloring activities
4. Daily/weekly reflection sheets
5. Exit slips

No comments:

Post a Comment