Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Day 228: Feeling Discouraged

Daily Blog Challenge Day 228/365


I love spring weather, but I am not a fan of the end of the year because it is the time when we find out our new schedules for the upcoming school year. This time of year tends to make me feel unappreciated. As a music teacher in a district where prep time is considered sacred, I am under no illusion that the real purpose of my job is to give the "real" teachers prep time. Of course no one will say this outloud, but many of their actions show this belief.  It is frustrating to deal with. I know my district is not the only one where this happens, so the grass is not always greener on the other side.

With so many fine art positions being cut, I get a feeling that I should just be happy I have a job and just deal with whatever I am asked to do.

I know I am not alone in my frustrations of feeing unvalued and disrespected. How do you deal with these challenges?

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment