Saturday, April 12, 2014

Day 224: Positives

Daily Blog Challenge Day 224/365

I am in the midst of my first season as a Varsity Head Coach at the High School level.  It has been an adventure to say the least.  I imagined how this season would go many times and none of them are close to any of my possibilities.  I have learned a ton in a short amount of time.  This weekend we took sixteen girls on a trip to southern Illinois to play in a four game softball tournament.  We lost all four games by run rules and it was a frustrating experience in terms of softball.  Even with all of the negatives and frustrations, there were lots of positives and as the head coach I believe it is my job to help my players focus on the good things.  It is far too easy to focus on all the bad things.

1.  We never gave up.
2.  Overall, we did a great job of not fighting without teammates and not yelling.
3.  We had good at-bats.
4.  We hit 2 home runs.
5.  We successfully ran 1st-3rd situations many times.
6.  We played with good sportsmanship.
7.  We showed grace and dignity in defeat.
8.  We got runners on base.
9.  At times, we hit the ball very well.
10.  We ended the tournament with our best defensive game in five games.

How do you help your students/players/children stay positive in challenging situations?  Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment