Sunday, April 13, 2014

Day 225: Rookie Sports Writer

Daily Blog Challenge Day 225/365

Part of my duties as assigned as the Head Softball Coach is writing an article each week about our season.  I like writing, so it is not completely painful and I am glad I helped with writing articles for the local paper when I was in High School.

I find myself very far behind on my Blog Challenge, so I figured posting these articles would be a way to help me catch up.  I also hope to get feedback and learn how to be a better writer.

AFC Softball:  Week of April 7th

The AFC Lady Raider Softball team started week two of their season with their first win of the season by defeating Durand 7-6 in the bottom of the 11th inning on a bases loaded walk. CK was the winning pitcher. On Thursday, the Lady Raiders traveled to Durand and were defeated 25-4.  On Friday, AFC traveled to Beardstown, Illinois for the Lady Tiger Showcase. They started the tournament by playing Quincy Notre Dame.  The Lady Raiders were limited to four hits and were defeated by Notre Dame 18-3.  In their second game of the night, the Lady Raiders took on Triopia.  Despite 2 home runs, one by CK and one by LM and twelve team hits the Lady Raiders were defeated 20-8. Saturday morning the Lady Raiders took on New Berlin and were defeated 11-3.  In their final game of the tournament, AFC fell to Beardstown 2 by a score of 18-3.  "Overall it was a great experience for our team and we would like to thank all of the parents for their help and support over the weekend" said Coach Wren. The Lady Raiders finished week two of their season with an overall record of 1-8.

No comments:

Post a Comment