Friday, November 24, 2017

Thanksgiving Feast 2017

This year the Lutheran School I work at decided to do a live performance after their Thanksgiving Feast instead of making a video. I was asked to have each grade perform something and they suggested we do something we are doing or have done in class. I am the first "real" music teacher they have had in many many years so I am trying to do different activities to get my middle school kids excited about music. Plus being a percussionist, I have implemented a lot of rhythm activities.

Overall, I was extremely proud of my kids and excited about how they performed. It was my first performance (besides singing at church) at this school and I think it was enjoyed and appreciated. Plus, it laid the ground work for working on new skills and strengthening rhythm and notation reading skills. We are also preparing for our Christmas Concert, so I did not want to teach brand new things. Third Grade did learn a new song, but they are a class that picks up new songs very quickly. 
  • Preschool 
    • A Turkey is a Funny Bird
    • A Pumpkin for the Pie
    • This is the Day
  • Eighth Grade
    • Cup Song (Flash Mob style that they choreographed) 
  • Kindergarten              
    • Bubbling Over
    • My God is So Great
    • Jesus in the Morning 
  • Sixth Grade 
    • Cup Song to Thrive by Counting Crows
  • First Grade                  
    • Rhythms Sticks to God’s Not Dead by Newsboys
  • Fourth Grade              
    • Body Percussion Rondo
  • Second Grade             
    • Sanctuary
    • Days of Elijah
  • Fifth Grade                
    • Bucket Drums to Diamonds by Hawk Nelson
  • Third Grade                 
    • Peaceful (Music K8)
  • Seventh Grade           
    • Bucket Drums to The River by Jordan Feliz

No comments:

Post a Comment