Sunday, March 5, 2017

Dreams

I recently finished the book 'The Magnolia Story' by Chip and JoAnna Gaines.  One things that the authors talk a lot about is how they would spend time dreaming.  They dreamed about what their life would look like, what their business would look like and what they wanted to do with their life.  They dreamed all the time.  In many ways it sounded like visualization and I know from listening to the work by Joshua Medcalf (T2BClutch) that this can be a powerful tool. Sometimes I just need a kick in the butt or a gentle reminder about a tool or idea.  Reading this book gave me that gentle reminder.  I also realized that I spend so much time trying to survive the day that I don't spend enough time dreaming about life.  I am trying to dream more. Trying to be intentional.  When I dream about my life it is split into three categories: Family/Friends, Professional and Personal. 

I dream about ...

Family/Friends

  • Being a happy person; smiling and full of positive energy.
  • Being filled with beneficial self talk.
  • Having strong relationships with my closest friends.
  • Having strong relationships with my family.
  • Being intentional with my words and actions.
  • Being a spiritual person and spending time in Bible Study and Prayer.
Professional
  • Having a positive impact on my students.
  • Leading by example.
  • Feeling organized.
  • Being happy and sharing the joy of music with the school/community.
Personal
  • Reading books.
  • Learning something new everyday and getting better.
  • Being Happy.
  • Finding peace in the balance between home and work and self.
I am a firm believer that we need to be intentional with our thoughts and words. Days go by fast and without being intentional, we risk loosing time and wondering where the days went.

When is the last time you dreamed about your classroom or life?


No comments:

Post a Comment