Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Day 326 Is This Normal?

Daily Blog Challenge Day 326/365

I am the proud (and tired) mother of a five week old baby girl. Since June 18th I can't even begin to count how many times I have asked my mom, doctors and friends "is this normal?"  I learned very quickly that normal does not really exist when it comes to babies. Just when I get used to something she would do, she grows and starts doing something new.

What if we got rid of the word "normal" from our vocabulary and from our schools? What if we just saw each child as they are and each experience as a chance to learn?  I believe this change could be powerful. Instead of labels, we try to help each other grow and learn. In the end, who can really define normal? We are all "normal" in our own way.

Thank you for reading.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful thought. Thanks for the post:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer,

    I appreciate you taking the time to read and comment on this post.

    -Marisa

    ReplyDelete