Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Day 15: Social Media In the Music Room Part 2

My 365 Blog Challenge:  Day 15/365

I began this school year filled with excitement about using Social Media in my classroom.  I was all set to use Facebook and Twitter as a way to communicate with parents.  Recently I have been hearing about classes tweeting about what they are learning.  This sounded like a great opportunity for my students, but I was not sure how to make it work in my music room.  After seeing a few examples, I felt confident about trying it.  

Embedded image permalink
We started today and I am excited about all the possibilities!  My third graders encouraged me to make a bulletin board so we could keep track of where our contacts our from.  Right now we are connected with three other classes and we have already had our first question (interaction).  I think this will be a great way for students to interact with other classes and for them to make connections with topics we are learning about in music.

I teach at an Elementary School and a Middle School.  I created the bulletin board for the Elementary, but I share classrooms at the Middle School, so I created a Google Map.

Google Map of our Twitter Contacts.

Do you use Twitter in your classroom?  My K-4 music students would love to connect with you! @MrsWrensClass

No comments:

Post a Comment