Friday, September 22, 2017

Teaching Goals 2017-2018

Since reading 'Burn Your Goals' by Joshua Medcalf and Jamie Gilbert, I have tried to limit my use of the word Goals. In theory, they are a good idea, but I am more focused on how I am going to make them happen. This year I am teaching at 2 schools, a Catholic School and a Lutheran School. For the first time in my teaching career, I had to create goals for the school year. Each school uses different criteria so I have slightly different goals for each school.

What are your goals this year? How are you going to ensure that you have the tools in place to achieve them?

Lutheran School
Create unit assessments and self assessments using Google Forms for all 10 Physical Education Units and use this information to give students specific feedback about their progress.

Strengthen parent communication. Post to Bloomz weekly and send home a monthly newsletter.

Catholic School
Domain 1: Purposeful Planning
1.3 – Develop Standards-Based Unit Plans and Assessments
1.4 – Create Objective-Driven Lesson Plans and Assessments

I will create five Unit plans and assessments that are objective driven and based on standards for each grade.

Domain 2: Effective Instruction
2.8 Create Classroom Culture of Respect and Collaboration
2.9 Set High Expectations for Academic Success

Expectations will be posted and reviewed weekly. Student choice will be incorporated into at least one lesson per a month for grades 5th-8th.

Domain 4: Catholic Identity
4.5 Participate in Prayer and Support of Vision and Mission Statement of the School

I will participate in daily classroom and individual prayer and read through the entire Bible this school year.


No comments:

Post a Comment