Friday, September 22, 2017

Magic Bullet

I have always had a fascination with researching and organizing fitness plans. The problem is I spend hours researching the "best" workouts and rarely find time to complete the workouts. One things I have learned is that the best workout plan will not produce results unless I actually complete the program. I would love to spend an hour a day working out, but it is just not possible right now.

As I was doing work on this blog, I was reminded about my previous run streaks. I miss the routine of running everyday and I have decided to start a new Run Streak. Fitness has to be easy or I will not do it. Life is too busy right now with everything else that is going on. So, I am keeping it simple. Run everyday (at least a mile) and add some strength exercises. I am trying to use our treadmill more while we spent money on it and have been doing intervals and using the incline.

Monday - Upper Body
Tuesday - Abdominals
Wednesday - Lower Body
Thursday - Upper Body
Friday - Abdominals 
Saturday - Lower Body
Sunday - Rest (Softball for the month of September)

There is no magic bullet.  Consistency and effort while working on correct skills lead to success. Last year my district had the Quaver Curriculum. I enjoyed using the curriculum and it worked well in the setting I was in. This year I have made the transition to 'The First Steps of Music' with my younger students and project based activities with my older students. This curriculum works better given the schedule constraints of my current schools. Each situation is unique and lends itself to different curriculum structures.

No comments:

Post a Comment