Saturday, July 11, 2015

Using Our Knowledge

I dislike playing tennis.  I like the idea of it, but I am not very good so I get easily frustrated when I play.

I love basketball,  but I dislike playing against my husband because I usually loose. I am not a good one-on-one player.

I know in my personal life that I put more effort towards activities wen I find success. I am successful which makes me want to work harder which usually leads to more success.
I think this fact is human nature. How can we use this information in our classrooms and schools to make them better?

I find it challenging to find activities that all twenty kids in my class will love, but I can help them find success in each activity. Chances are, students will enjoy the activity more if they feel successful.

It is easy to accept life's truths outside of the classroom, but I believe we need to do a better job of using this information in our classrooms.  It is very hard to learn if students feel like they are unable to do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment