Friday, October 17, 2014

Are You Right?

Since my daughter was born four months ago, I admit I have had more thoughts about what would happen if something bad were to happen to her, my husband or myself. I think it is a normal cycle of me realizing I am now responsible for another person.

This morning I was surfing Facebook and one of the first articles I saw was that the police chief in my town (who is also related to one of my coworkers) passed away yesterday. It hit me particularly hard. I saw this man sitting across from the high school yesterday afternoon. You always hear life is too short, enjoy the time you have, babies grow up to fast and these are all true. The thing that really jumped out to me is Am I Right?

For me as a Christian,  am I right with God?
Am I right with my family? Have I truly forgiven those who have hurt me?
Am I right with my friends and those around me?
Do they know how much I care about them?
Life is too short, babies do grow up too fast and bad things happen to good people.

Spend time doing the things you know you should do now (for me that means praying and opening my Bible) so you can go to bed each day knowing you are at peace with those around you.

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment