Tuesday, September 9, 2014

What Are You Doing?

The other day I babysat one of my coworkers daughters who is two years old. We colored, played with toys, made cookies and picked vegetables from my garden. Throughout the day she kept asking me "what are you doing." Which was almost always followed by why?  Anyone who has spent anytime around a two year old knows they ask this all the time. It may become annoying but the curiosity of little children is very high.

When do adults stop being curious? When do we stop asking why?

There are so many procedures and things we do in school and everyday life that we don't think about. What am I doing? Why am I doing it? These are two powerful questions that we need to reflect on. Because we have always done it that way is not a good answer. 

What are you doing?  Why?

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment