Monday, September 1, 2014

Is It Worth It?

We all get 24 hours in a day. How we use our 24 hours is the difference. I am beginning to learn how to prioritize my life and I have realized that I cannot always accomplish everything that I want to, but often times many of these activities are filler and not truly important: cleaning, dishes and other chores for example.

I am starting to force myself to answer the question "is it worth it?"  I want to make sure I am using my time wisely. What activities constitute being well worth it?  How many students does it need to impact in order for it to be worth it?

This is a tough question and I think the answer varies depending on the situation. I believe all of my students deserve and are worth my full effort. I also realize that I cannot realistically give them all full 1:1 effort because sadly there are not enough hours in a day.

Is the effort worth it if it only impacts 100, 50, 20, 10 or 1?  Teachers put in a lot of effort and sometimes it appears that our efforts are wasted. However the longer I teach, the more I realize that we don't always know when we are impacting those around us.  Even if it only impacts one student it is worth our efforts.

Keep fighting the good fight. Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment