Monday, February 10, 2014

Day 163: Chorus Critique (Material Monday)

Daily Blog Challenge Day 163/365

Material Monday

My second observation is scheduled for this coming week and it will be during 5th/6th Chorus.  We have a concert in March and we are currently working on 3 songs: Roar (Girls), Africa (whole chorus) and Hakuna Matata (Boys).  If I am working with one group, I usually give the other group a few minutes to talk quietly.  Rehearsals are during their study hall, so I know they are giving up "free time" to come sing, so I try to find a balance.

I decided to try something new this week.  I created a Critique Form for the students to fill out while they are listening to the other group practice.  My hope is that they will notice things through listening and be able to realize that they can fix some of the same concepts in their own singing.  It is a great opportunity for them to listen and reflect on what they hear.  Here is a link to the Critique Form.

Do you use any forms like this in your class?




No comments:

Post a Comment