Friday, November 24, 2017

Daily Letter


During my two years in Alaska I was able to work with a wonderful primary teacher named Mrs. S. Each day her students would read a letter from the board that she had written to them. It would tell them about her weekend, ask them questions and tell them what they were going to be doing that day. At some point last school year I was reminded of these letters. I had the room in my classroom, so I started writing my class a daily letter. I wrote one letter for each grade. While I only taught three grades at one school and one grade at another it was relatively simple to do. I always ended the letters with love Mrs. Wren because I believe all students should know adults care about them. It became something my students looked forward to. I have also used a grid system, but I needed change and to do something new for a while. This year I teach Preschool through Eighth Grade, so I am still searching for a way to display our daily schedule and outcomes in a small space. I am leaning towards using a computer program.

How do you display your class schedule and outcomes for the day?

3 comments:

  1. I always used Google Slides and projected it each day. You can see an example from last year on my website here: https://sites.google.com/a/bvsd.org/acorch/

    It did take awhile to make, but then I just copied the template. I loved having it ready to go each day, and students & parents could access it from home too to see what they missed if they were absent or if they just wanted to know what was coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go back and forth between using this and being terrible about keeping it updated. My one classroom does not have internet, so I have been using Power Point. Thank you for the ideas!

      Delete
    2. I love your website! Thank you for sharing.

      Delete