Sunday, May 10, 2015

Crazy Train

A few weeks ago, one of my coworkers shared a video with me on Facebook.  I decided to have one of my fourth grader classes try it for their performance during Grandparent's Day.  It ended up turning out awesome and I was very proud of my students.  It was challenging, but they enjoyed working on it and they played really well together.

We cut down the piece and only learned the melody riff.  We had a drum part, the bass riff and the melody riff.  We had to learn it in a short amount of time so students did not get the opportunity to learn all of the parts.  The three parts offered all my students the opportunity to shine.  The students who felt comfortable being the lead could learn the melody and the students who are more shy could play drums or booms.

Parts
Boomwhackers
Part 1:  Note-E, Rhythm- Ti Ti (Measure 1, Beat 1)
Part 2:  Notes-D & B (B is the lowest), Rhythm- Ti Ti (Measure 2, Beat 1 & 3)

Orff
Bass Riff
EE  
DD  BB

Melody Riff (E is the lowest note)
EEBE  CEBE  AGF#G  AG#FE

Drums
One of my students knows how to play a rock beat on a drum set, so I had him play the high hat and snare drum part.  I had other students play a hand drum on African drums.



No comments:

Post a Comment